We absolutely love drumsticks in the air fryer and this recipe is a quick & easy dinner!
Drumsticks are seasoned and coated in our fave bbq sauce. They’re air fried until sticky on the outside with super moist and flavorful meat.
Our Favorite Way to Cook Drumsticks
While we love baked drumsticks, these are our new favorite!
- Drumsticks in the air fryer take way less time than the oven.
- They can be cooked with bbq sauce or just seasonings if you’d prefer.
- Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these are quick and easy.
- Clean up is quick and easy.
We love the way air fryers cook chicken! Whether you have a Ninja, a Corsori, or another brand, all air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, letting the outside crisp up while sealing in all the juices. Also, the food isn’t left cooking in the fat that’s left behind. It’s a win-win!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN Drumsticks (or chicken thighs) tend to be economical and have lots of meat.
SAUCE This chicken is lightly seasoned and then finished off with our homemade bbq Sauce. And if you’re looking for something a little spicier, add a splash of Buffalo Sauce or sriracha.
SEASONING Keep it simple and delicious with parsley, salt & pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Delish.
Chicken drumsticks can also be served like fried chicken by dipping in a flour mixture.
How to Make Air Fryer Drumsticks
Air fryer chicken drumsticks are super easy to make in 1, 2, 3!
- Combine oil and dry seasonings in a bowl, coat drumsticks.
- Fry in a preheated air fryer, removing to baste with sauce once.
- Remove drumsticks from air fryer and brush on another coating of sauce (optional).
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator and they’ll last for 3-4 days. Enjoy them cold or reheat in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes.
- Frozen drumsticks can last in the freezer for up to 3 months. Simply place them in a zippered bag and write the date on the outside. Take out portions as needed and thaw in the refrigerator or microwave.
Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Did you make this Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Make juicy, delicious Air Fryer Drumsticks from fresh or frozen, in less than half the time it takes using the oven.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
In a bowl combine the drumsticks, olive oil, and dry seasonings, mix until fully coated.
Place the drumsticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer and flip the drumsticks, basting them with the barbeque sauce.
Cook for 5 more minutes and repeat the basting process cooking the chicken for an additional 5 minutes or until the drumsticks reach 165°F internally.
Remove from the basket and serve, adding one more coating of barbeque sauce if desired.
For extra spice try topping with buffalo sauce.
Serving: 2drumsticks, Calories: 428, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 139mg, Sodium: 1038mg, Potassium: 512mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin A: 231IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 41mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword air fryer chicken drumsticks, best way to cook drumsticks, how to make air fryer drumsticks