Air Fryer Nachos are a favorite snack and a really fast way to make cheesy nachos!
Tortilla chips topped with heaps of cheese and your favorite toppings need just a few minutes in the air fryer (and no preheating required). Top them with any toppings (or even leftover taco meat) for favorite snack or fun family meal.
A New Favorite Air Fryer Recipe
I love cheesy nachos but have to admit, cooking them in the air fryer is a game-changer.
- Save time and clean-up using the air fryer.
- Ready in 15 minutes (no need to preheat the oven)!
- Versatile, add your favorite toppings and use any kind of cheese.
- So easy to make. Just layer, air-fry, then enjoy!
What’s in Air Fryer Nachos?
NACHOS Corn chips come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and even colors! So take your pick. Heavily flavored chips (like Doritos) don’t do as well in this recipe because the flavor can brown too much or even burn.
CHEESE This is one recipe where pre-shredded is a perfect choice. Monterey Jack or a Mexican or Tex Mex blend is great.
VEGGIES Olives, green onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers are perfect for classic nachos (but add or leave off whatever you want).
How to Make Air Fryer Nachos
- Overlap a layer of chips in the air fryer basket. Top with half of the cheese & whites of the onions.
- Repeat with a second layer of chips, top with remaining cheese & toppings as desired.
- Cook according to recipe below, until cheese has melted. Top with diced tomatoes & sliced green onions.
Air fried nachos are super easy to make, but a few ideas will ensure crispy, crunchy, cheesy goodness every time!
- Choose chips that are restaurant quality for best results, ones that are firm enough to hold up under layers. Thicker chips work better than thin-style chips.
- Overlapping the chips keeps the cheese from dripping through the tray.
- Layer up to 3 layers of chips with lots of cheese.
We love loaded nachos, here is a list of our favorite toppings, dips, and sauces.
More Air Fryer Snacks
Did you love these Air Fryer Nachos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Nachos
Cheesy, crispy, and full of fresh toppings, these Air Fryer Nachos are a crowd favorite!
Place the tortilla chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket making sure to overlap the chips so there are no gaps between them.
Top the chips with half of the cheese and whites of the green onion.
Add another layer of chips. Top with remaining cheese, green onions, jalapenos, and black olives (if using).
Place in the air fryer to 320°F and cook the nachos for 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Remove from the basket and top with diced tomatoes.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Calories: 527, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 59mg, Sodium: 726mg, Potassium: 250mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 860IU, Vitamin C: 10mg, Calcium: 517mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Air Fryer Nachos, best Air Fryer Nachos recipe, how to make Air Fryer Nachos, nachos
Course Air Fryer, Appetizer, Party Food, Snack