Come Learn Plant-Based Cooking with me!
I am going to be teaching a 2 day cooking class at 1440.org in July! I am so excited to announce this as 1440.org is an amazing place. Actually it’s quite mind-blowing.
Want to learn more about 1440 and my class? Click here: Getting Started with Plant Based Cooking
The facilities are top of the line and beautiful. The campus is stunning as it sits in a redwood forest! Pop on over and take a look.
I have to give my daughter, Kaia most of the credit for this recipe. She has been coming up with some amazing dishes lately and one of her favorite is a corn and arugula salad with an avocado dressing. Her’s is a little simpler and uses oil in the dressing. Of course I needed to get in there and change things up a bit. But she is my inspiration…as she is for many things in life. Interesting how that happens!
The main ingredients in this salad are arugula, corn, tomatoes and yellow squash noodles. The dressing is oil-free and uses avocados, garlic, hemp seeds a little nutritional yeast and salt and pepper. SO easy to make! The cool part is you can use pasta to replace the squash noodles if you want to. It would be an interesting substitution. We love brown rice noodles around here, when we use them.
You can also spiralize your own! I use the Kitchenaid Spiralizer but a more economic solution is this spiralizer. (Click links) You can also click the pictures on the right side for more information on some of the things I used in this recipe.
This is a quick and delicious arugula salad that you can throw together. Enjoy!
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups fresh corn (from 4 ears)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups yellow squash noodles*
- Toss all together in large bowl.
- * If you don’t have a spiralizer, just matchstick cut the squash.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup basil
- With food processor running, drop in cloves of garlic, one at a time.
- Stop food processor and add avocados, nutritional yeast, water, salt and pepper to the bowl. Process until smooth.
- Add basil and pulse until basil is incorporated and finely chopped.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.