Sweet, tangy, creamy, and delicious. Everyone loves this festive, creamy Cranberry Salad!
This fluff salad features tart, fresh cranberries gently simmered into a sauce and then folded into fluffy whipped cream. The result is a perfectly sweet-tart and mouthwatering side or fresh dessert.
Is It a Side or Dessert?
- This cranberry fluff is part side and part dessert. Serve it for either or both!
- Creamy cranberry salad is best made ahead of time so it’s potluck perfect!
- Made with fresh cranberries, it’s a little tart and not too sweet.
- Short on time? Use a tub of non-dairy whipped topping (like Cool Whip) in place of the fresh whipped cream.
Ingredients in Creamy Cranberry Salad
Fresh cranberries are easy to during the holidays and frozen the rest of the year, cranberries provide a colorful pop of tangy flavor in this recipe. They’re simmered into a chunky homemade cranberry sauce to add to the other ingredients.
Heavy cream is lightly sweetened and whipped. This balances the tart cranberry flavor and makes this side dessert-like.
Jell-O We love cranberry Jell-O but it can be hard to find so you can use raspberry or cherry in place. All of them are great!
Try any of these fun combos:
- Cranberries and Raspberry Jello
- Apples, Celery, Walnuts, Cheddar Cheese, and Lime Jello
- Mixed Berries, Sliced Almonds, and Raspberry Jello
- Pineapple, Mini Marshmallows, and Lemon Jello
- Oranges, Bananas, and Orange Jello
- Strawberries, Kiwis, and Lime Jello
- Cherries, Mini Marshmallows, Walnuts, and Cherry Jello
How to Make Cranberry Jello Salad
This pretty dessert is as easy as 1- 2- 3!
- Prepare the cranberry mixture (per recipe below) by simmering cranberries & sugar in juice.
- Add jello.
- Whip the cream and once cooled, fold in the chilled cranberry mixture.
- Chill until set and garnish as desired.
PRO TIP: Garnish with freshly grated orange zest, sugared cranberries, or a sprig of fresh mint.
How to Make Ahead
This cranberry salad can be made up to 24 hours before serving.
Tips for Success
- Heavy cream will whip up faster if the bowl and electric mixer beaters are chilled about 30 minutes before use. Just place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Toast nuts in a dry sauté pan to intensify their flavor and make them extra crunchy and sprinkle them on top if desired.
Storing Cranberry Salad
Keep creamy cranberry salad covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s not advisable to freeze any Jello salad recipes as they will not thaw properly.
Favorite Fruit Salads
Did you love this Cranberry Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Creamy Cranberry Salad
Deliciously sweet and tart, this Cranberry Jello Salad is perfect for any occasion. It’s festive, colorful, and tasty!
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Bring cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice to a boil. Simmer 7-8 minutes or until the cranberries pop and are cooked. Remove from heat and stir in Jello. Cool completely.
Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form.
Fold the cream into the cranberry mixture.
Spread into a bowl and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Garnish with whipped cream and sugared cranberries if desired.
To store leftovers, cover with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 297, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 83mg, Potassium: 103mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 35g, Vitamin A: 638IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Dessert, Salad