Festive sugarplums! My last recipe of the 2018. It is quick and very easy to make, and you do not even need a food processor to make it. I used marc de champagne, edible glitter and 24ct edible gold to make these confections sparkle.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup green raisins
- 8 dried apricots
- 4 dried figs
- 4 dried plums
- 4 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup filberts (hazelnuts)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- pinch Celtic salt
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp marc de champagne, brandy, or rum
- coconut sugar for garnish
- edible pink glitter and edible gold for garnish (optional)
- Toss dried fruit and nuts into a bowl of a food processor. Make sure all pits are removed. Pulse blend until ingredients are well combined but still slightly chunky. Add spices and brandy and whiz again.
- Transfer the fruit and nut mass into a bowl. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for an hour or so for the flavors to mingle.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and make the confections using a bit more than a teaspoon of dough for each. You should be able to make at least 32 small pralines.
- In a small bowl toss together coconut sugar, glitter and gold flakes. Gently roll each ball in the mix making sure that it is well covered.
- Place garnished sugarplums on a platter. Keep chilled till you are ready to serve them. Enjoy in good company!
Tip: If you do not have a blender, use very sharp knife to chop the dry fruit and nuts. Use your hands to knead the dough. Add spices and brandy and follow the recipe to the finish.
These sugarplums are absolutely delicious! You can make them for any festive occasion, with or without alcohol.
Another amazing year came to an end. I hope the new one will be just as good for me and my readers. Stay healthy and scatter joy wherever you go!
Happy New Year! – In radiant health, passionately raw – Dominique