Gooey Chocolate Pudding Recipe – How to make a warming cozy low carb gluten free self saucing chocolate pudding winter dessert with coconut flour – with the video.
Gooey Chocolate Pudding
This gooey chocolate pudding recipe is the perfect warming, cozy dessert to enjoy through the winter months.
For 2021 I’m sharing a new dessert a week in what I’m calling my “year of desserts” and this decadent chocolate is the perfect dessert to kick of a year of sweet treats! (Read more about why I’m sharing a dessert a week on this page.)
How To Make Gluten Free Self Saucing Pudding
The pudding is easy to prepare, start by preheating the oven and greasing an oven proof dish really well to prevent the pudding sticking.
Pop the kettle on because you’ll need a cup of boiling water just before the pudding goes into the oven.
Melt the butter and mix through the milk, vanilla and egg until fully combined.
Combine the coconut flour, baking powder, sugar or stevia, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. You can sieve the ingredients for a super smooth pudding.
Pour the melted butter mixture over the flour bowl and mix until fully incorporated and you have a chocolatey pudding batter.
Move the chocolate pudding batter to the prepared baking dish, then sprinkle over the topping of sugar or stevia and cocoa powder.
Pour the cup of boiling water over the pudding and place into the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until it’s set to your liking. I like mine brownie like on top and gooey on the bottom.
You can enjoy the pudding as it is or with whipped cream or ice cream, which I really enjoy for the sublime warm and cold dessert experience.
Gooey Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 100g/3.5 oz Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 to 1/3 Cup Sugar or Stevia
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar or Stevia
- 2 Tablepoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease a baking dish well.
- Melt the butter and pour it into a bowl or jug.
- Whisk the milk, vanilla and egg into the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, sugar or stevia, cocoa powder and salt.
- Mix together until fully combined then pour the melted butter mixture over the flours.
- Stir well until you have a rich chocolatey batter and move it to the prepared baking dish.
- For the topping, sprinkle the sugar or stevia and cocoa powder over the pudding batter.
- Pour the boiling water gently and evenly over the pudding.
- Place into the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until set on top and gooey on the bottom.
- Serve as is or with cream or ice cream.
Recipe Video Tutorial
Here’s the video where you can watch the decadent dessert being prepared, step by step. Hit play below or click here to watch on YouTube.
More Easy Gluten Free Desserts
Chocolate Chip Bread
Double Chocolate Brownies
Hot Chocolate Truffles
Subscribe to receive the FREE weekly newsletter, packed full of easy recipes and food inspiration plus exclusive, subscriber only content. Click here to Subscribe by Email.
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.