These healthy seed crackers are so healthy, delicious and addictive! They are very easy to make, it takes only 5 minutes of work. These multi seed crackers are vegan, gluten free (no flour), low carb and keto! They are perfect as healthy snack, or as a snack with a cup of coffee or tea.
PREP TIME 2 Hours
WORK TIME 10 Minutes
RECIPE CUISINE World
1 cup (150g) Flax seeds
1/3 cup (40g) Pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup (48g) Sesame seeds
1/3 cup (45g) Sunflower seeds
1/3 cup (53g) Chia seeds
3/4 teaspoon Salt
Pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon Thyme/oregano
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Parsley powder
1 1/3 cups (300ml) Water
1. In a large bowl, mix all the seeds with the seasoning. Add water, mix, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. The mixture will thicken and become gooey/gel-like in consistency. This is your cracker dough.
3. Preheat oven to 250F (120C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone pastry mat.
4. Spread the mixture over the tray, then, using a knife, score the mixture into evenly sized rectangles.
5. Bake the crackers until browned and firm to touch, about 1½
6. Allow to cool and break apart.
Frequently asked questions:
HOW TO STORE MULTI SEED CRACKERS?
Store multi seed crackers in an airtight container up to 3 weeks in the pantry.
HOW TO SERVE SEED CRACKERS?
You can eat them as is, without any additions along with a cup of tea or coffee. Or, spread over the crackers some jam, peanut butter, almond butter, hummus. Or, alternatively serve with your favorite dip; tzatziki, guacamole, yogurt, black bean dip etc.
WHAT CAN WE ADD TO THE CRACKERS?
To make these seed crackers more flavorful you can add more spices like: black pepper, onion powder, dried herbs, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon and more. You also can add few tablespoons of chopped peanuts, almonds or any other nuts.
CAN WE MAKE THESE CRACKERS SWEET?
Yes, these seed crackers can be made sweet. All you need to do is to add 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup/agave syrup/honey or any other sweetener to the batter.