Happy first day of August everybody! Let’s start with a light, nutritious dish made of fresh herbs and avocado.
For me, the magic of raw food lies in freshness and simplicity. The most ordinary ingredients can easily be transformed into something extraordinary. Let’s get started.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 cup chopped fresh garden herbs (cilantro, basil, mint, parsley, dill, sage, tarragon)
- 2 spring onions with greens, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- freshly pressed juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp virgin olive oil (optional)
- pinch Celtic sea salt to taste
- Wash and cut the avocados in half. Remove the seeds and scoop out the flesh. Using a fork, mash the avocado. I like it a little chunky, but you can mash it till it is completely smooth. Use blender or a food processor if you prefer.
- Toss all the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix them well with mashed avocado. Add more salt if necessary.
- Serve with raw crackers or, if you eat bread, on a slice of toast. Enjoy in good company!
Avocado is one of the healthiest, nutrition dense foods. Incredibly versatile, avocados are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, chlorophyll, and fiber. Use them in your raw recipes as often as you can.
In radiant health – passionately raw – Dominique