The Greatest Basbousa with Vermicelli It’s here! Super soft, dense, and melt-in-the-mouth delicious.
1 Cup Semolina
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 Cup Milk Powder
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 TBSP Baking Powder
170 Grams Cream
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Water
Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. In a bowl add semolina, coconut, milk powder, sugar, baking powder, cream, vegetable oil, and water. Mix the ingredients well.
2. Grease a Pyrex tray with vegetable oil.
3. Pour mixture in the tray.
4. Cover Basbousa completely with Vermicelli.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C (390 F) on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Pour sweetened condensed milk all over the basbousa. The condensed milk should soak in, in a few minutes.
7. Allow to cool then cut into squares.
8. Garnish with pistachios. Serve.