Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Annette Palma knows that organising your pantry can help you to lose weight and SAVE you MONEY, TIME and your SANITY. What’s not to love about that?
She gives us a sneak peek at her pantry before and after her recent reorganisation and shares her easy to follow step-by-step process to help you get your pantry in order.
Maintaining a tidy pantry during the school holidays is one difficult task. With a constant flow of little ones reaching for snacks it isn’t long before the cupboards resemble a war zone.
Now that school has commenced and some sense of normality has returned it is the perfect time to tackle your pantry organisation.
Having experienced the benefits of an organised pantry herself, Annette encourages other mums who want to lose weight to give it a go.
“An organised pantry saves me money, time and my sanity”
Not only will having an organised pantry help you lose weight, it will help you save money too!
Annette says “I LOVE having an organised pantry. It:
- Saves me money – I don’t buy things I already but can’t see;
- Saves me time – everything is easily accessible so there’s no searching for things; and
- Saves my sanity – everything has a place!”
How to tidy your pantry – Annette’s step by step process
1. Pull everything out of your pantry
2. Check used by dates and throw out anything that is no longer within date – you’ll be amazed how much you find!
3. Give the pantry shelves a good clean, there’s always something that has spilled or leaked without you realising.
4. Use stackable containers to store your pantry staples that you use all the time, e.g. nuts, flours, oats, etc so they take up less space and are easy to get to. (Kmart has a great range).
5. Invest in some 3 tier shelves for spices and tinned foods. (I used Kmart 3 tier shelves)
6. Put grains, snacks and baking things in separate containers.
7. Place the items you use the most on the middle shelves
Such great tips Annette.
Want more? Read 10 healthy things to stock in a healthy pantry
Annette’s weight loss success (after 3rd baby)
Annette has been on her Healthy Mummy weight loss journey for several years both after the birth of her 2nd child and now after the birth of her 3rd child and has had significant weight loss success both times.
She says “Thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and Healthy Mummy Smoothies, I lost 20kgs after my second baby and I’m now down 18kgs since having my third child.
All thanks to the recipes, workouts and all the knowledge I’ve gained from The Healthy Mummy”. Something as simple as a pantry reorganisation can make a big difference.
Read more about Annette’s weight loss journey here.
The Healthy Mummy team would like to thank Annette for sharing her valuable step-by-step pantry organisation tips with us.
It appears that Annette isn’t the only one reaping the benefits of an organised pantry. Mum Kerrie reveals her swoon-worthy pantry and how in conjunction with following recipes on The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges has helped her achieve MASSIVE weight loss success. Read An organised pantry can help you lose weight and save $$$
You might also enjoy 12 ideas to reuse your empty Healthy Mummy Smoothie containers
Want to get in the best shape of your life? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY!
Think of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as the best value personal trainer, dietitian, meal planner, chef and motivational coach with DAILY support – that you have access to every day – without the high cost and all created JUST FOR MUMS.
Each month is DIFFERENT on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. EVERY MONTH you receive NEW 28 Days of FAMILY FRIENDLY customisable meal plans, daily exercise plans with videos and daily support. It’s also breastfeeding friendly.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been able to help thousands of mums lose more than three million kilograms (combined).