This Keto Stuffing or Dressing recipe has got to be one of the best low carb holiday recipes I’ve ever created! Enjoy all that beautiful bready goodness without overindulging in carbs when you make this low-carb stuffing recipe!
What Makes This Keto Stuffing So Good
I’ve never really met a stuffing I didn’t like. I’ve found that if I let myself get off-track too much during the holidays, that my body doesn’t appreciate it. This year I decided to create a Keto Stuffing recipe, and WOW am I glad I did!
This stuffing could be a meal all on its own. It’s full of vegetables, bread, sausage and all the wonderful spices you expect from a delicious stuffing recipe.
Does this Keto Stuffing taste exactly like high-carb stuffing?
So that’s an interesting question. What I found is that the taste is very close. The croutons do have a slightly spongy texture that is different from regular bread croutons. But as to the flavor, yes, the flavor is the same as the regular stuffing.
What bread did you use to make this low carb stuffing?
- If you’re looking for some good keto croutons to use for this recipe, I highly recommend the ones HERE. Also, you can use the coupon code “TWOSLEEVERS” to get 15% off your entire order at Fox Hill Kitchens right now!
Can I use a different type of low-carb bread for this stuffing?
You could try my Keto bread recipe. If you did that, I would toast the bread until it crisps up and then try this same stuffing recipe. I should mention that I haven’t tried this, so you’d be a little bit on your own. But if you do this and it works, would you mind leaving me a comment here, or letting me know in my Facebook group so we know this works?
Another alternative is to use Sola Bread and make the same stuffing mix after toasting the bread to crisp a little. I love that bread even for regular eating.
Can I stuff this into the turkey?
I don’t see why not. It should work the same way as regular stuffing. It will also soak up a lot of the great flavors from the juice of the turkey if cooked that way as well.
How To Make Keto Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350f. Spray a baking pan and set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, brown the sausage, and when it’s almost done add mirepoix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in broth, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Add croutons and stir. Turn off the heat and cover the skillet. Allow the croutons to soften and absorb most of the water.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg. Once the croutons have softened, stir in the egg.
- Tip out the stuffing into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the stuffing has set and the top is browned.
Looking For More Great Thanksgiving Recipes? Check These Out!
- This Keto Green Bean Casserole is an absolute must for your family get-togethers this holiday season! Enjoy this holiday time favorite guilt-free!
- This Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie is the ultimate answer to your keto Thanksgiving woes. It is, without a doubt, the perfect pumpkin pie for the holidays and you won’t even know its low carb.
- Add some variety, sweetness (and some spice) to your dinner table this holiday season with these Cranberry Brussels Sprouts! These are brussels sprouts like you’ve never had them before.
Looking for more low carb holiday recipes? Check out my post on the Best Keto Holiday Recipes!
However you decide to serve this Keto Stuffing this year, I know you and your guests are going to love it! It’s a beautiful dish that tastes incredible and I can’t wait for you to try it!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Click on highlighted ingredients or Equipment to see exactly what I use to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 350f. Spray a baking pan and set aside.
In a 12-inch skillet, brown the sausage, and when it’s almost done add mirepoix and cook for 2 minutes.
Pour in broth, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Add croutons and stir. Turn off the heat and cover the skillet. Allow the croutons to soften and absorb most of the water.
Meanwhile, beat the egg. Once the croutons have softened, stir in the egg.
Tip out the stuffing into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the stuffing has set and the top is browned.
- If you choose to use a different kind of low-carb bread to make this, I suggest toasting it first to make sure it’s crispy.
- You can use this to stuff a turkey like you can any regular stuffing recipe.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Calories: 258.38kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.02g | Protein: 12.6g | Fat: 20.9g | Fiber: 1.21g | Sugar: 1.62g
Originally Published October 31, 2019
Don’t forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Keto Instant Pot, Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets, & Treats, and Easy keto in 30 minutes.