What a beautiful Summer dish! It is made of kohlrabi and nasturtiums I harvested in my own garden. It took only a few minutes to make it. The result is amazing.
- 1 kohlrabi per person
for the pesto
- 1 1/2 cup freshly picked young nasturtium leaves, packed
- 5-6 young garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup raw pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- freshly pressed juice of 1 lime
- pinch Celtic sea salt to taste
a few young nasturtium leaves and flowers for garnish
- Wash and peel kohlrabi. Cut into very thin slices. Set aside.
- In a blender or a food processor pulse blend nasturtium leaves, garlic and pistachios. Add olive oil, lime juice and salt, and whiz or for a few seconds.
- Arrange sliced kohlrabi, pesto and nasturtium leaves on a individual platters. Garnish with nasturtium flowers and enjoy in good company!
I hope you have a chance to try this refreshingly green dish. It is so incredibly refreshing. Perfect as a main course for lunch, or an appetizer for a more elaborate dinner. Raw, vegan, simple.
In radiant health – passionately raw – Dominique