Want to drop 5 kilos before summer officially starts??!! Well now is your chance!
We are so excited to have a brand new 28 Day Challenge Theme this November! Introducing the new Lose 5 Kilos Low Carb High Protein Meal Plan! Developed by our amazing team of nutritionists, this new meal plan will have you shedding those kilos and looking and feeling great, just in time for summer.
What is Low Carb High Protein?
Low carb, high protein has sparked the attention of many. People who follow this way of eating are losing weight, toning up and feeling great, and it’s really not as hard as it sounds!
Remember that all carbs are not bad! Carbs are essential and needed for a healthy diet, but not all carbs are created equal. The type and quality of carbohydrate you are consuming is essential when it comes to following a low carb, high protein diet.
How does it work?
Low carb, high protein focuses on eliminating refined carbohydrates (think of things like bread, pastries, pasta, white rice, potato chips, sugar, jams, lollies, ice cream, and cakes) and replacing them with good quality protein, fats and complex carbohydrates (these are things like leafy green vegetables, cauliflower, tomato, quinoa and berries).
Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. When the amount of carbohydrate you consume is reduced, your body then turns to burning stored fat to use for energy. That’s not the only physiological thing that occurs when eating low carb, high protein… your blood sugar and insulin levels become more stable, you will be fuller for longer, your gut microbiome can improve, and your blood triglycerides may decrease.
All this results in fast weight loss, improved immune function and moods, as well as reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Facts about Protein:
- Protein is an important building block for bones, skin, muscles, organs, blood and cartilage
- Protein is essential for a healthy immune system
- Protein improves sleep quality
- Protein makes you feel fuller for longer
- Protein slows down your body’s absorption of sugars, stabilising your blood sugar levels
- Protein helps to repair and build your muscles after you exercise
- Proteins help synthesize happy hormones such as serotonin and dopamine, which can improve your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety
- Protein helps to sustain concentration and energy levels
- Our bodies need more protein during times of cell growth and repair, this includes puberty, pregnancy, lactation and after illness or surgery.
- Increasing your protein intake can help reduce sugar cravings
- Protein uses more calories to digest than fat and carbohydrates
High Protein Foods:
- Grass-fed beef
- Organic Chicken
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Black beans
- Hemp Seeds
Low Carb Foods:
Get a sneak peek of some of the recipes from Lose 5 Kilos Low Carb High Protein Challenge HERE
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for access to ALL the recipes and workout programs
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.