Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is loaded with a creamy lime sauce, grilled chicken and corn, cilantro, bell peppers, tomatoes and red onions for a perfect picnic or BBQ meal!
During the summer, we love to grill as much as possible. Fresh salads, fresh produce and lots of pasta salad is always on the menu. We fell in love with Mexican street corn last summer when my sister made it for a summer gathering. I couldn’t believe how delicious it was and how we had never made it. Since then, we have many Mexican street corn many times in different ways and this time, I made a summer Mexican street corn pasta salad to share!
I’m calling it the Hernandez dish of the summer. If you invite me to a potluck this summer, I’m bringing this pasta salad. It is a crowd-pleaser and as you can see, is SO pretty! It is loaded with so much flavor from the fresh onion, cilantro, grilled chicken and corn and more. There are like 10 flavors exploding in your mouth at once that all work so well together.
Bring this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad to a summer picnic. It is a complete dish in one if you add the chicken to it. It also makes a great BBQ side dish with or without the chicken. It is a crowd please and is loaded with flavor. You can make it a day or two ahead of time and it can be enjoyed for days for leftovers. It is a great meal-prep recipe because of this. If you love Mexican street corn, try my Mexican street corn nachos.
Mexican Street Corn Dressing Ingredients
What ingredients go in Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- 12-ounce box of pasta of choice
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 corn on the cob (or 2 cups frozen corn)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Mexican Street Corn Sauce
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup feta, cotija or Parmesan cheese
- Boil a large pot of water on high and cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta.
- Brush chicken breasts and corn with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Grill chicken and corn on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through- about 4-5 minutes per side. Chicken should have grill marks and corn will be lightly charred. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees with a thermometer. Finely dice chicken breasts and slice corn off of the cob.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the Mexican street corn sauce.
Toss together the pasta, chicken, corn, street corn sauce, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro. If desired, sprinkle with extra cheese and cilantro and top with sliced jalapenos.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @MINutritionist on Instagram.
Like this recipe? Check out other summer recipes:
Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets
Strawberry Avocado Feta Spinach Salad
Grilled Chimichurri Chicken
Tomato, Zucchini and Corn Pasta Salad
Stay up to date with updates from The Nutritionist Reviews on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Instagram and emails right to your inbox.
This post is sponsored by Taylor. All opinions are my own.