How do you bounce back from getting diagnosed with breast cancer three times? Founder of CanPrev Tanya Salituro shares her inspiring story of healing from breast cancer and how she started her company.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode126.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Tanya’s journey of surviving breast cancer
- The factors that might be contributing to cancer
- How to get rid of excess estrogen in your body
- Cancer prevention strategies
- The 4 most important contributors to health
- The body can bounce back in so many ways.
- If the cancer is hormonal-related and estrogen-dominant, you’ll need to get rid of the excess estrogen in your body.
- It’s your liver that helps you get rid of excess hormones in your body.
- The current statistics show that one in eight women will get diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. But men can also get breast cancer.
- A study shows that if you get into nature and smell the forest, your body gets an immune boost.
- The 4 most important contributors to health:
- Health is physical, and health is mental. Physical health is only half of how healthy you are. The whole other side of health is how healthy is your mind, your emotions, your soul.
- Work with your doctors. Stand up for yourself and make sure you’re heard by them. Make sure all your questions get answered.
- Support your liver.
- Don’t let breast cancer sneak up on you. Try for early detection by taking control of your breasts. Make sure you’re checking them every month. When you’re suspicious of something, go to your doctor.
“We have to be optimistic. We have to believe in ourselves and believe in our body’s ability to heal.”
“Generally, you’ve got to take your health into your own hands. Take your breasts, literally, into your own hands… I want every woman out there to know it’s so important. Don’t be afraid. Just Dive in there and learn your body.”
“If you can accept that change is inevitable and you don’t fight your reality and you make the best of your situation — and if you can even make yourself smile and laugh a little bit through it, then you’ve learned a powerful lesson.”
Thanks for listening!
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Not only do you get the meal plan but also the Pumpkin Recipe Ebook and the Thanksgiving Guide.
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the one chai is my absolute fav!). Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs.
Where you can find Tanya and CANPREV:
CanPrev’s Instagram (@canprev)
CanPrev’s Website: Canprev.ca
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me: