It’s dip season people and I’ve got a brand new one that’s going to knock your socks off and have everyone asking you for the recipe. We’ve had so much fun experimenting with and sharing some delicious, unique dip recipes over the past couple of years and this one might just be one of our team’s favorites.
This easy roasted carrot dip is jam packed with flavor thanks to tons of warming spices and the caramelized taste of roasted carrots. We topped this amazing dip with sweet and savory garnishes like roasted pistachios, fresh herbs, salty feta, and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses to take it to the next level.
Trust me when I say one bite and you’ll be HOOKED. It’s such a great hummus alternative that’s perfect for dipping crackers, pita chips, veggies, and toasted baguette slices, and would even make a yummy spread on a fall-inspired sandwich.
Add this one to your holiday menu this season or share it with friends and family for smaller get-togethers! No one will be able to get enough.
Everything you’ll need to make the best carrot dip
This creamy roasted carrot dip is packed with sweet and savory flavors that pair perfectly with one another. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Carrots: we’re roasting up a full pound of carrots for this dip, which gives it a lovely natural sweetness. You’ll roast the carrots with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Tahini: the dip gets extra creamy with mild-flavored tahini. Use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off my favorite brand, Soom.
- Lemon juice: a little fresh lemon juice adds the perfect amount of acidity.
- Spices: this beautiful carrot dip is filled with cozy flavors from cinnamon, ground turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Roasted pistachios: you’ll actually blend some of the pistachios right into the dip for a lovely, nutty flavor, then garnish with extras for crunch.
- To garnish: top this dip with a drizzle of olive oil, honey or pomegranate molasses (omg yes), crumbled feta, more roasted pistachios, and fresh parsley.
Customize your roasted carrot dip
This carrot dip recipe is easy to customize to your taste preferences! Here’s what I can recommend:
- Try a new veggie. Feel free to swap the carrots for roasted sweet potato if you’d like! The dip will have a slightly different flavor and texture but will still be delicious.
- Go nut free. Simply omit the pistachios in the dip and garnish.
- Make it vegan. Leave off the feta crumbles or use your favorite dairy free feta. Then be sure to use pomegranate molasses or maple syrup instead of honey.
Looking for a kick of heat?
Drizzle on some hot honey instead of regular honey! To make your own, simply microwave 2 tablespoons of honey with a 1/2 teaspoon of your fav hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper. Mix it up and enjoy!
The best carrot dip in 4 easy steps
- Prep your carrots. Start by roughly cutting your carrots into 1-inch pieces and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast them up. Add your carrots to a baking sheet with your garlic cloves, toss with olive oil, add salt and pepper, and roast them up until they’re tender and golden.
- Blend the dip. Add your roasted carrots to a blender or food processor (I recommend a food processor) with the rest of the dip ingredients (except the garnishes) and process until the dip is nice and smooth. Be sure to scrape down the edges halfway through, and taste the dip to adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Garnish & serve. Spoon the dip into a shallow bowl and make little divots to fit the toppings. Drizzle with olive oil & honey, add feta, pistachios, and parsley, and serve it up!
Delicious ways to serve roasted carrot dip
There are endless ways to enjoy this sweet and savory dip recipe. Try using it as a:
- Dip (of course) for veggies, pita chips, crackers, or toasted slices of baguette.
- Spread for veggie-packed sandwiches or wraps
- Topper for your favorite grain bowls
- Base for a fall-inspired crostini
Store any leftover carrot dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More dips you’ll love
Get all of our dip recipes here!
I hope you love this roasted carrot dip! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Roasted Garlic Tahini Carrot Dip
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Easy roasted carrot dip made super creamy thanks to tahini and filled with cozy flavors from cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin. Top with roasted pistachios, feta, fresh parsley, and a drizzle of honey or pomegranate for the most delicious sweet and savory appetizer or snack!
- For the roasted carrots:
- 1 pound carrots, washed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For the dip:
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup water
- For garnish:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of honey or pomegranate molasses (or hot honey if you like it spicy!)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- For serving:
- Pita chips, crackers, or toasted slices of a baguette
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Chop carrots into 1-inch pieces (no need to be too precise since we’re blending them later!)
Add the carrots and whole garlic cloves to a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together with your hands, then roast for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and golden brown on the edges.
Add roasted carrots to a food processor with tahini, lemon juice, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper, pistachios and water. Process until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula halfway through. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Spoon carrot dip into a shallow bowl and use the spoon to create shallow divots on the surface for the toppings. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with crumbled feta, chopped pistachios, parsley and a drizzle of honey.
Serve with pita chips, crackers or toasted slices of baguette. Enjoy!
To make this dip vegan: simply leave off the feta cheese and honey, or use your favorite dairy free feta and maple syrup or pomegranate molasses instead.
See the full post for easy ways to customize this carrot dip!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 serving (based on 4)
Saturated fat: 3.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats