Sfiha (Lahm Bi Ajin) is an open-faced meat pie that is filled with ground beef of lamb, onions, tomatoes and tahini, perfect to make for a large gathering.
FOR THE DOUGH:
3 CUPS FLOWER
2 1/2 TSP INSTANT YEAST
1/4 TSP MILK
2 TSP SALT
2 TBSP WHITE VINEGAR
3 TBSP YOGURT
200 ML WATER
3 TBSP CORN OIL
FOR THE FILLING:
1 LB GROUND BEEF
1 LARGE ONION
2 TSP SALT
1 TSP ALLSPICE
1/2 TSP BLACK PEPPER
3 TBSP POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
2 TBSP TAHINI
1/2 CUP YOGURT
2 TOMATOES, DICED
1. Mix the dough ingredients and knead by hand until the dough is smooth. Cover and let rise for for two hours.
2. To prepare the filling: Put the minced meat in a bowl, then add the onions, tomatoes, yogurt, tahini, pomegranate molasses. Add salt, mixed spices, and black pepper, then mix the ingredients.
3. Cut the dough into large balls, then let it sit for five minutes.
4. Roll the dough balls using a rolling pin until they have a little thickness, then use a cup to cut them into equal circles as in the video.
5. Place the dough circles on a baking sheet greased with oil.
6. Divide filling among all mini pizzas.
7. Press lightly with the back of a fork to squeeze the topping so that it adheres to the dough.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 400 F (200˚C).
9. Lahm bi ajin meat pies are ready when the crust on the edges is golden. Serve hot or warm.
Video of the recipe: