Strawberry Crepes are the perfect easy breakfast recipe! Tender thin crepes are quickly panfried and filled with a homemade strawberry sauce.
Top them up with whipped cream and serve for an easy breakfast any day of the week.
What are Crepes?
Sweet or savory, homemade crepes are very thin pancakes that can be served simply with powdered sugar and a spritz of lemon juice. Or they can be filled with homemade ricotta cheese or your favorite sweet or savory fillings.
Similar to pancakes, crepes have the same basic ingredients: eggs, flour, milk, and oil for the pan. But it’s that little bit of extra milk that makes them spread out thin.
- For savory crepes, add a pinch of salt or some fresh herbs!
- For sweet crepes, a pinch of sugar, a dash of vanilla, or some maple syrup adds to the sweetness.
How to Make Strawberry Crepes
- Combine all the ingredients (per recipe below) except butter in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Melt butter in a 6” skillet and pour 2 tablespoons of crepe batter and immediately swirl the pan in a circular motion so the batter reaches the edges.
- Cook until the crepe is set and cake-like. Remove and repeat with the remaining batter.
Prepare strawberries according to recipe instructions below.
Crepe batter is best if made at least 30 minutes ahead of time or up to 24 hours. Give it a quick gentle stir before you make your crepes.
The crepes themselves can also be made days ahead of time and lightly warmed meaning you can enjoy them for an easy breakfast all week long.
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries can have more liquid and may need a bit of extra corn starch.
- The wider the pan, the wider the crepe. Our ideal size for this recipe is a 6” skillet.
- Crepes can be made ahead! Just store them in the refrigerator between sheets of parchment paper until ready to use again. Crepes will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Freeze crepes by storing them with parchment paper between them and they’ll last up to 4 months.
- To reheat crepes, place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a clean, wet paper towel. Reheat in intervals of 30 seconds until warm.
Best Breakfast Recipes
Did you make these Strawberry Crepes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Light, sweet, and decadent, these Strawberry Crepes with strawberry filling are sure to impress!
Wash strawberries. Slice ½ pound of the berries (about 2 cups) and set aside for serving. Chop the remaining strawberries into ½” pieces.
Combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a simmer while stirring and let cook 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
Combine eggs, milk, flour, oil, sugar, and salt in a blender.
Pulse until smooth, about 5 times.
Melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat in a 6-inch skillet.
Add 2 tablespoons crepe batter and quickly pick up the skillet and swirl to move the batter to the edges of pan.
Cook until tiny bubbles on the top pop and the crepe is set.
Remove and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining crepes.
Place 3 crepes on a serving plate.
Spoon strawberry sauce over crepes and top with whipped cream and remaining fresh strawberries. Fold or roll as desired.
The ideal pan size for this recipe is a 6” skillet.
The batter for this recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
Crepes will keep in the fridge for a few days. Freeze crepes by storing them with parchment paper between them and they’ll last up to 4 months.
To reheat crepes, place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a clean, damp paper towel. Reheat in intervals of 30 seconds until warm.
Calories: 403, Carbohydrates: 56g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 87mg, Potassium: 435mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 26g, Vitamin A: 445IU, Vitamin C: 100mg, Calcium: 133mg, Iron: 3mg
Keyword best strawberry crepes, how to make strawberry crepes, Strawberry Crepes, Strawberry Crepes Recipe