Sweet potatoes are a regular in my house. You can mash them, roast them, bake with them and combine them with a variety of herbs or spices. Lately, I’ve been on a sweet potato kick as you might notice from this recipe below!
If you haven’t made these muffins yet, I encourage you to try them out asap. They’re sooooo good!
Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre, vitamin B6 and iron – all good things we need more of, especially the fibre.
If you’re dealing with any digestive issues or constipation, I highly encourage you to start increasing your vegetable intake as well as getting in more water. I can’t tell you how many of my clients experience complete digestive relief by simply applying these 2 strategies.
I ordered most of the ingredients for this recipe from NaturaMarket.ca
- The coconut flour
- Baking Spices
- Coconut Oil
- Monk Fruit Sweetener (I love Lakanto for baking!)
I LOVE that NaturaMarket is a one-stop-shop for all things Gluten-Free, Paleo, Allergen Free and so much more. They have so many goodies on there, I pretty much shop with them weekly. So much so, that I reached out to see if my community can get a discount so you can try them out for yourself!
- Never ordered from NaturaMarket before? SHOP HERE + get 15% off your first order with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES2020
- Already a customer? SHOP HERE + save 10% off your very next order with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES10 (one time use only)
Now onto the recipe for these amazing muffins!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener – alternatively you can you coconut sugar or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup pecan, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 12 pecans for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease or line a muffin pan. In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, mashed sweet potato, vanilla extract, lakanto and coconut oil.
- Add the dry mix into the wet mix and stir until all lumps are gone.
- Fold in chopped pecans and shredded coconut. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups and top each with a pecan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Enjoy & happy baking! Tag me in your delicious creations @holisticwellnessfoodie 👈
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (click here to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.